Teaming Up with Seattle Department of Transportation. SDOT is the first to have our side guards installed
THE TRUCK SIDE GUARD SPECIALISTS
Walker Blocker has created side guards to prevent bicycles, pedestrians, and motorcyclists from moving transversely under the truck bed or trailer contacting the area under the body, and in front of the rear tires.
Walker Blocker Truck Side Guards were created in response to the call to action that addresses the deadliest road crashes, those side impact collisions between pedestrians, bicyclists and motorcyclists. Our side guards are designed to keep pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorcyclists from moving under the truck bed or trailer and being run over in side-impact collisions.
Side Guards have been a topic of conversation for many years in the US, however in other parts of the world like Japan, UK and the European Union Side Guards have been mandated as early as the 1980’s. There is no doubt that side guards reduce fatalities and save lives. The conversation is currently growing in the US and with the growing popularity of the Vision Zero Network now is the time to get ahead of the curve and make your trucks safe!
- Easy to install and dismantle no special tools required
- Kits come with all parts needed for install
- Universal mounting system
- Retrofitable and Customizable
- Replaceable parts available
- Aluminum systems with a front cover shield, great for branding purposes
- Withstands Volpe recommended 440 lbs. of force
- Certified Volpe Compliant
- Sold Direct or through local dealerships
- Reduces the risk of fatalities and sever injuries due to side-impact collisions
- Meets all City laws that follow Volpe recommendations requiring side guards